Medical Records Review and Analysis
During the review process we will examine the electronic and/or hardcopy medical records. This review will highlight potential issues of the case, important dates and times, potentially missing dates and information, fraudulent entries and any other providers beyond the primary care provider. After the review we will begin to analyze the case completely. The analysis of the care is based on our years of clinical experience, areas of professional knowledge and comprehension of the laws and regulations that govern the care facility where care was provided and the profession of nursing. Analysis will also include the current standards of care and the legal theory of the case.
Organization of Medical Records
Let us organize all of your medical records into easy to access and read format. We will tabulate the records into order of providers, pharmacology, dates of service, location of services, patient billing and any other specific needs you may have.
After reviewing and analyzing your case we are able to produce numerous different types of reports depending on your precise needs and requirements. The reports will be specifically created based on the criteria you provide. The content of the report will include the facts discovered during the record review and analysis. Our reports may include, but are not limited to:
- Merit Review
- Case Evaluation Review both brief and extensive, including charts and graphs as needed.
- Comprehensive Medical Chronologies
- Provider Medical Chronologies
- Pharmacology Chronologies
- Deposition Binders
- Trial Binders
- And more…
Interrogatories and Requests for production and admission
We will use the information obtained from our review and analysis to help you prepare for discovery. We can help in many ways, but not limited to:
- Interrogatories- we will help draft interrogatory specific questions to your case. We will follow up after the interrogatories to review the responses to help find inconsistencies from the medical records and any other potential questions that may arise.
- Requests for production and admission- we will help draft the requests to be specific to your case. We will also review the responses to help prepare for deposition and trial.
We can assist before, during and after depositions.
- Before the deposition we can meet with the Attorney and Client to answer any questions regarding the medical records the Attorney may have. At this time we would also begin assisting in the composition of the deposition binder. The binder will have a specific chronology and all supporting evidence for each witness/expert deposition.
- During the deposition, if requested, we will be available to note discrepancies or provide any extra needed information to assist with the deposition.
- After the deposition we are available to help review, analyze and give feedback of the experts and witnesses who were deposed. We will look for inconsistencies with the findings in the medical records and other facts of the case and any other information that will strengthen your case.
IME or DME
We will accompany your clients to their IME or DME appointments. Let us be your eyes and ears during the exam. Before the appointment we will help prepare your client with what to expect during the exam and answer any questions they may have. During the appointment we will observe the examination per your direction while ensuring a quality exam is being completed. The exam will be digitally recorded in its entirety. After the completion of the IME/DME we will call with a verbal report to you and follow that with a delivery of the digital recording. If requested, we will prepare a written report tailored to your specific needs.
Pre-Trial and Trial Preparation
We will be available to help with preparation with the trial. We are able to help with:
- Developing your the case theme
- Assist with research of specific medical conditions, medical/nursing procedures, pathophysiology of an illness, drugs and their interactions/side effects, regulations and any other issues pertaining to the case.
- Preparing trial binders as your specify. The binders will include the medical chronology, supporting documents and full sets of medical records from each facility
- Attend, assist and evaluate mock trials, arbitration or mediations
- Attend, assist and evaluate formal arbitrations or mediations
- Preparing demonstrative evidence and presentations
- Interviewing and preparing clients and witness for trial
Case Types We Service
- Insurance companies
- Utilization review firms
- Government agencies
- Private Corporations
- Longterm Care Facilities
- Medical and Nursing Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- General Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Toxic Torts and Environmental Law
- Worker’s Compensation and Workplace Injury
- Any other type of case where health, illness or injury is an issue